Saturday, 28 June 2014

Summer 2014 Holiday Haul

 In preparation for an upcoming holiday, I have done quite a lot of shopping. I looked for interesting prints and things that I would be able to wear during the British summer also.

 My first lot of clothing came from boohoo.com. I got two skirts, a bikini and a pair of sunglasses. I was able to get 10% off of my order as I am a student and signed up to myunidays.com. If you are a student I would head over there right now and get an account, it's free and very easy to do.


boohoo.com
The image above shows the items I purchased from boohoo.com!
  • A white asymmetric skirt, which cost £8. I like the fabric as it's quite thick but it's very sheer so I will perhaps only brave wearing it with a swimsuit underneath.
  • Sunglasses which cost £6 with rounded lenses. They were quite cheap and are category 3. I like the style as it's quite unique and I am very excited to wear them. The only downside is that they did not come with a case. So, I must purchase one separately and I was rather worried they would be delivered broken.
  • An ikat print skirt, which cost £8. These are by far my favourite style skirts and  I love this one a lot!
  • A balconette tie dye bikini, which cost £18, I love the style of this and the print, unfortunately the top has no fastenings so it may be difficult to take off when it's damp.

I also went to topshop and bought two crop tops. The image below show them. One is a tight fitting tile print top which was £16. I loved the print and the style and thought it would go well with a high waist skirt or shorts. I also got a white more loose fitting white cami for £6. It's quite see-through but, perfect to layer over a swimsuit. 

topshop.com
 Lastly, I went to primark. There I purchased a pair of high waist denim short which cost £8, a pair of cute blue socks with lace detail which cost £1.50 and a bikini set which was £4.

I adjusted the bikini as I did not like the style of the top. It was originally a bandeau with a halter with the straps coming from the centre of the top. I find that the top droops down either side with that style though so I knotted and sewed together the straps in the centre to keep the ruching and then cut them off and sewed them onto the top of the bikini. I prefer the style much more now and think it's made a £4 bikini more unique and more to my taste and style.

Primark
Lastly my boyfriend bought me a bag from TK Maxx which is a blue rucksack. This will be perfect for my hand luggage and to take to the beach and on days out. 



I feel like my shopping trips were very successful and I'm very excited to wear the items I bought. 
Thank you xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment