I recently decided to make Oreo cupcakes and they came out pretty well so, I thought I'd share how I did it.
The ingredients I used for the cupcakes are:
- 175g of Caster sugar
- 175g of softened unsalted Butter
- 125g of self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 60g of cocoa powder (mix with around 100ml of boiling water)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 Oreo cookies (crushed with the stuff taken out)
- 25g of milk chocolate chips
First, I set the oven to gas mark 6. Then I started by mixing together the cocoa powder and water until I had a thick syrup-paste. Then, in a separate bowel, I creamed together the sugar and butter. I then combined the butter and chocolate mixtures together carefully.
I made sure they were done by inserting a wooden skewer and making sure it came out clean. You need to make sure they are cool before removing them from the cupcake try and place them on a wire rack for a while before icing them. I made the mistake of removing them from the tray straight away and a few fell apart :(.
The ingredients I used for the Oreo butter cream frosting are:
- 4 whole crushed Oreo cookies
- 4 of 'stuff' from the cookies used in the cakes
- 200g of icing sugar (plus 2 dessert spoons)
- 100g of butter
- Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Oreo cookies for decoration
I started by creaming the butter, extra 'stuff' and milk together before adding it to the sifted icing sugar. I creamed everything together until it was light a fluffy and then added some vanilla extract. (I like the kind with the seeds in.)
I then added the crushed whole cookies and out it into an icing bag. I realized that the piping tip I used was too small so I cut it out and just used the bag. I put a 'dollop' (very scientific) onto each smoothed it out roughly with a fork and then used a bit of Oreo cookie as decoration.
Thank you for reading, for once something I baked actually turned out okay!